Do you recall the secret basketball game hidden inside Facebook Messenger during March Madness? Well, it looks like Facebook has done it again by hiding a new soccer game inside Facebook Messenger – celebrating the Copa America Centenario 2016 and Euro 2016 soccer championships.
Daring you to test out and play their new hidden soccer game in the change log of a recent update to Facebook’s Messenger app on Wednesday, June 15. This update applies to both Android and iOS devices.
Likewise with the basketball game inside Facebook Messenger in which you had to send a basketball emoji to a family member or friend, once you have the latest update installed, the same is possible by sending a soccer emoji instead.
Are you ready to battle your family and friends in a little soccer competition? Here’s how:
How to Play the New Hidden Soccer Game
To unlock and play the new hidden soccer game, you first need to make sure that you have the updated Facebook Messenger app on your Android or iOS device.
1. Then, you will want to open the Facebook Messenger app by tapping on it.
2. Next, tap on the friend or family member you want to play against to open the chat window.
3. Now to send a soccer emoji to either a friend or family member, tap on the emoji icons (beside the send arrow).
4. Once you have tapped on the soccer ball icon, tap on the soccer ball emoji.
5. Tap on the send arrow to send the soccer ball emoji to that family member or friend that you want to play against.
6. How do you load the soccer game? Easy! Tap on the soccer emoji in the chat screen. (You may have to tap it twice).
7. The soccer ball will appear at the bottom of your screen, tap on the soccer ball to start the game.
Please note: To prevent the game from stopping you must continuously tap the ball to make sure that it does not touch the ground. Also, another very interesting thing to note is that you can check out the scores of family members and friends you are chatting with to see how they are doing.
Is to ensure that you keep the soccer ball in the air for as long as possible to get your score to accumulate. If you think this will be an easy game – you are dead WRONG! It took me quite a few tries to break a score over 10. Personally, my record is 12, which is actually a little embarrassing.
This is not the first time that a hidden game has been released by Facebook, like the basketball game that came out around the time of March Madness and the chess game that used to be available to play.
If you get tired of playing and bouncing a soccer ball around, though, you can still play the March Madness inspired basketball game, which is also accessible via an emoji. Want to learn how to play the hidden basketball game inside Facebook Messenger? Click here for my tutorial.
What is the highest score you have been able to achieve in this hidden soccer game inside Facebook Messenger? Is it better than my record of 12? Let me know in the comments below!
Did you enjoy my post? If you did, then why not get my latest tips in my weekly TechingITout Email Newsletter. Sign up for free in the right sidebar of the page!